Content Conversion Reviewer at BenchPrep
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re at a pivotal point in the BenchPrep story, having achieved significant growth year-over-year and nearly doubling in employee count since 2018! We’re proud and excited that more than six million learners have used BenchPrep’s platform to attain academic and professional success.
We’re committed to the best learning experience for all people, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
You will join our team of learning designers and technologists in a profitable, growing SaaS company (with the heart of a start-up!) designing and building out amazing learning experiences for learners of all types. In this role, you'll ensure that the courses we design and build for our partners accurately represent the original source material, the partner’s styling guides, and meet everyone’s quality standards, all as part of a great team of passionate e-learning professionals in a fun and engaging environment.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Owning all content quality control activities for a course implementation, working collaboratively with both teammates and partners to ensure accuracy of documents/data and internal consistency, including verification of data to final source documents.
- Checking for missing text, images, numbers, tables, footnotes, and headers.
- Ensuring that formatting and styling requirements are followed in accordance with instructions from the team and customer’s accepted style guide and standards.
- Resolving and verifying resolution of styling issues (HTML/CSS) with team lead.
- Resolving and verifying resolution of content issues with the partner’s subject matter experts (SMEs) regarding quality control findings, including verification that all reviewer comments have been addressed.
- Balancing priorities across multiple review projects based on deadlines and workload.
- Communicating larger quality concerns to team lead so they may be addressed.
- Documenting and maintaining quality control guidelines, checklists, style guide.
- Be proactive in continuously improving existing review and conversion oversight processes.
About the team:
We, as the Learning Design & Strategy team at BenchPrep, are focused on delivering optimal learning experiences for our customer’s learners. We do this by collaborating extensively with our customers and understanding how their instructional content aligns with their learning objectives and how it can be its most engaging and interactive. The team comprises learning content managers, learning technologists, and content conversion reviewers, all working very closely and collaboratively both in launching new educational programs as well as in growing existing ones. We serve as an extension of our customer’s operations team, with a goal of making them and their programs more effective.
- Have extremely strong attention to detail
- Have 2+ years of content quality assurance or copy-editing experience
- Have familiarity with electronic document/quality management systems and workflow ticketing systems, preferably Jira.
- Have familiarity with proper digital/web design, as well as mobile responsiveness.
- Have familiarity with the latest content quality control processes.
- Have a basic understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Have some experience working directly with B2B customers and subject matter experts (SMEs), like authors or publishers.
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission of universal empowerment and each day love an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. When we’re in the office, we tend to eat our (free) lunch together because we enjoy each other’s company. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility in work/life balance and operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, our office has all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Inc’s Best Workplaces for 2020, and Crain’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.