Copywriter at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $3 billion of assets, we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
As a Copywriter, you’ll play an important role in multi-channel communications for M1’s core audience, the Savvy Investor. Your creative writing skills will help drive M1’s mission to empower people to take control of their finances and improve their financial well-being.
What You'll Do
- Concept ideas and write copy for use in a variety of applications, including website content, promotions, emails, blogs, app messages, video scripts, social media content, and other marketing materials to promote M1.
- Maintain the voice and tone of the M1 brand throughout all marketing touchpoints.
- Write on-brand, SEO-friendly copy for the website and landing pages.
- Assist the Creative Lead with the creative and production process for all projects.
- Partner with Product and Marketing teams to develop creative solutions for new product launches and announcements.
- 2-3+ years of experience as a copywriter in an agency or e-commerce/financial services company, showcasing strong conceptual abilities, clear strategic thinking, solid writing skills and knowledge of the digital landscape.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely present ideas and concepts and tailor communication to varying audiences. Must be able to demonstrate a passion for persuasive writing and capturing stories.
- Ability to write long-form copy as well as short, attention-grabbing lines.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with SEO copywriting preferred.
- Positive outlook and proactive mindset.
- Experience with WordPress or a similar CMS
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or CRM
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of the finance industry
Let's see what you've got
Along with your resume, please submit a portfolio (or link to your online portfolio). Show us you can write with personality while achieving business goals.
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym