Creative Copywriter, Zoro at Zoro
Role: Creative Copywriter
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Copywriting
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL or Chicago, IL
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 300+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,300,000 unique products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including Marketing, HR, Customer Service and external agencies) to create content, refine our brand voice, promote our products, and create awareness of Zoro as a brand
- Write and edit informative, engaging, and compelling copy to increase customer engagement, cultivate customer relationships, and drive action.
- Write relevant, unique creative content for all marketing channels and our vendor partners.
- Develop clear, engaging, creative copy for promotional emails, direct mail pieces and printed catalogs, web pages, social media channels, affiliate promotions and related materials, and a variety of other deliverables as needed.
- Partner with other creative services team members on every project to provide media that brings to life the objectives of all channel initiatives by telling a story that motivates customers to purchase.
- Work with SEO team to create copy that improves organic search bringing more customers to the site.
- Be able to research, understand and translate technical product data into clear customer-focused copy.
- Translate the messaging of individual brands into copy that incites our customers to buy those products from Zoro.
- Ability to read a brief and understand objectives to the extent that copy is delivered with little or no revisions.
- Create UX/UI copy for site enhancements as needed.
- Act as part of a service organization to support all promotional brand and marketing team initiatives.
- Ensure messaging is in our brand voice and consistent throughout all channels and promotional vehicles.
- Work with email marketing manager to test copy and subject lines based on data provided.
- Create shipping documents, vendor contracts and other supporting documentation.
- Use customer Journey data to shape the way in which we talk to each customer segment.
- At least 3-5 years of professional copywriting and basic project management experience, with emphasis on content marketing, digital marketing, and social media content.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, advertising, communications or a related field.
- Proactive and highly organized multi tasker who can meet deadlines while proposing, writing, and self-editing a high volume of content.
- Ability to learn quickly, pivot quickly, respond well to constructive direction, and be proactive in proposing new ideas or solutions.
- Outstanding copywriting skills that includes both internal and external messaging in our brand voice.
- Familiarity with Digital Asset and Content Management Systems is preferred
*Please provide a link to your portfolio or writing samples to be considered*
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.