Lead Technical Writer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for planning, writing, and providing ongoing support for the Business Technology Cybersecurity (BTCS) team partnering with subject matter experts (SMEs) in Legal, Corporate Risk Management and Cybersecurity. The role develops documentation for Information Security that complies with regulatory requirements as well as the supporting documentation. The role also provides support for the administration of tools used to develop Information Security Policies. The role also manages policy and procedure administration for the BT CS department. Works under minimal supervision.
- Support the development, production, and maintenance of BTCS policies and standards including content updates and review, and senior management certification
- Co-ordinate across business units including, Corporate Risk, Legal, BT, and other business areas to ensure updates to the Information Security standards are adequately captured and reviewed
- Research, analyze, and translate analytical and technical business information, and communicate it in a clear, concise, and organized manner
- Manage policy and procedure administration for the Business Technology Cybersecurity department. Monitor, track and communicate status to management. Work with cyber contacts to address issues and escalate appropriately
- Support the development, production, and maintenance of the Capital and Resolution Plan including content updates and review, and senior management certification
- Administer Policy and Procedure Share point and other documentation tools as needed. Approve and Provision access and ensure effective access management.
- Research existing documentation, identify areas of concern within current documentation, work with SMEs to address them and analyze needs for document creation or revision
- Administer Policy and Procedure Share point site and Wdesk-Capital Plan and Wdesk Resolution Plan documentation tools.
- Create and maintain related job aids
- Maintain and enhance document and process controls to ensure ongoing compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Lead training sessions to train new users on the Wdesk-Capital Plan and Wdesk-Resolution Plan documentation tools. Create and maintain related job aids
- Peer-edit, following Chicago Manual of Style and Documentation Team’s house style conventions. Ensure that required approval processes are followed.
- Bachelors Degree in English or communications
- 4+ years of experience in professional Writing, Project Management or related
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.