Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for freelance licensed architects who are eager to help aspiring architects get licensed.
This position involves leading aspiring architects through the ARE 5.0 exams via virtual study groups. Black Spectacles will provide training and a syllabus for you and we'll match you with a group of committed aspiring architects who are in search of a structured approach to prepare for the ARE.
You'll then set, prepare for, and lead online meetings for each exam. You'll serve as the main point of contact for your group members, and work closely with Black Spectacles to help guide and evolve the direction of the program.
Our ideal workshop instructors
- Must be a Licensed Architect by NCARB
- Have achieved licensure within the past 1-10 years
- Can commit to roughly 15 hours of work per month
- Have experience as either a coach or instructor
- Are actively practicing architecture
- Has used Black Spectacles products to prepare for the ARE
- Has reliable computer and internet access
- Sunday availability
- Paid position
- Empower aspiring architects to achieve licensure- making a meaningful impact on the profession
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.