Proposal Writer at DocuSign
Sales & Business Development | Remote – United States
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Proposal Writer serves as a primary writing and editing resource in the development, completion, and on-time submission of proposals and security questionnaires. Ultimately, the Proposal Writer manages the RFx response from beginning to end: from research and data collection/maintenance, to writing and editing/proofreading, to proposal document creation and revision, and (when needed) production. By working with the Proposal Manager, the Proposal Writer will respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Security Assessments. The role includes continuous review of and knowledge of the DocuSign solutions, continuous updating of boilerplate proposal documents, Master RFP Library, and Security related questions and responses.
This role reports to the Senior Manager of the Proposal Department.
- Ownership of the RFx response assigned by the Manager. This includes planning, researching, developing, and editing complex content for proposals in response to customer solicitations – maintaining high standards around quality and accuracy of the final output
- Serves as central point of contact on assigned proposals and leads multi-discipline or cross-functional team(s).
- Chairs initial and ongoing status meetings to review progress on outstanding RFP content tasks/assignments
- Writes content as needed for cover letters, executive summaries, and other materials as needed
- Tracks roll-out processes, templates, standards, and best practices to successfully bid projects in a timely manner and providing suggestions as needed
- Develops and maintains Proposal Content Database (Proposal Knowledge Center) to ensure the content accuracy
- Researches and gathers corporate information, technical product information, and other standard materials. Captures any new language written for addition to the Knowledge Center
- Identifies content gaps, then works with Sales, Technical, and Engineering experts, as well as contract & legal representatives, to craft Subject Matter Expert (SME) technical responses. Manages these SME technical writing assignments to ensure that submissions are accurate, compliant with the outline and RFP instructions, and address win themes
- Track RFx responses in Salesforce
- 2+ years of proposal experience within technology sales
- 3+ years of proposal experience within a software sales environment
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, grammar, and spelling abilities; technical writing skills preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Willingness to engage with senior technical and upper management to obtain necessary information
- Self-starter, multitasker, team player, works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks
- Willingness to handle multiple deadlines simultaneously and work independently
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness to travel as needed
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.