Senior Writer Request For Proposal at Walgreens
Responsible for producing drafts, editing, and final text for where more complex segment proposals as required. Creates templates, standards, and checklists relevant to the proposal requirement and ensures the accuracy and completeness of proposal content on time. Develops proposals in response to solicitations (RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, etc.) from various agencies of federal and local governments and commercial healthcare organizations. Researches relevant opportunities as directed by the Director of Product Development. Develops and executes the full proposal plan including final strategy development, theme development, and compliance. Note: This is a blended position; encompassing ESG senior writers as well as senior and lead writer roles and responsibilities.
- Completes full cycle of complex proposals across multiple business segments on time.
- Provides accurate and timely follow-up in support of finalist negotiations.
- Partners with multiple business units including but not limited to Sales, SME’s and knowledge based staff to coordinate and manage the entire production process to RFPs and RFIs.
- Manages workload and prioritize activities to ensure timely completion of assignments efficiently.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in sales proposal development and administration within a business development, pharma, or pharmacy, managed care, healthcare industry or decision support function.
- Experience collaborating with both internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to30% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree.