Hello, we're Walgreens
Walgreens, part of Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA), global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing & distributing medicines, retail locations, digital platforms, health & beauty products & services present in over 25 countries with; 440K+ employees, 18K+ stores, 400 distribution centers
Why Work with Us?
We operate as an innovation factory, our efforts represent the most important programs at both mobile & global levels to help promote the better health of our patients & customers. We innovate & leverage exciting advanced technologies with our size, scale & expertise to address the supply & rising cost of prescription drugs in the US and worldwide.
An Insider's view of Walgreens
What’s the vibe like in the office?
You can expect to be challenged, every day. You can also expect an extraordinarily diverse environment of collaborative professionals who are putting their talents together to fulfill the vision and mission. There are plenty of opportunities to make an impact, to grow and to learn with the team. The future of Technology is bright at Walgreens!
What does your typical day look like?
I'm a part of the product management team where I oversee the development of complex products. A typical day for me involves juggling multiple product lines, I could easily find myself working with designers to craft mockups, defining requirements for developers, tracking development processes, or running usability tests to drive product forward.
Sr. Business Analyst
What makes someone successful on your team?
I think the most successful individuals are those who possess two key skills 1) the ability to quickly learn and synthesize information and 2) the ability to adapt to constantly changing challenges. Given the extremely complex nature of our industry,
Sr. UX Designer
How do you empower your team to be more creative?
In Rx Engineering, we are building the largest pharmacy software product suites in the industry. Innovation and quality is our DNA. We nurture through our “COOL” culture to build curiosity in new solution. We are challenged and fascinated with courage every day about this engineering journey which will change our customers’ life.
Director – Solution Engineering & QE
How do your team's ideas influence the company's direction?
We are faced with a host of rapid changes occurring in the healthcare and retail landscapes.. To make the most of these changes, Walgreens is adapting to the fast moving technology world of today and is committed to deploying cutting edge solutions to support our business and customers.
Senior Product Manager, Pharmacy and Retail Operations
Where we are
Developed and diverse suburb in N.Chicago. Opening our new Tech Office downtown at the Old Chicago Post Office in January 2020!
Perks + Benefits
Volunteer in local community
Partners with Nonprofits
Friends outside of work
Eat lunch together
Dedicated Diversity/Inclusion Staff
Highly diverse management team
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Child Care & Parental Leave
Child Care Benefits
Generous Parental Leave
Remote Work Program
Family Medical Leave
Vacation & Time Off
Lunch and learns
Promote from within
Customized development tracks
- "I was intrigued by how far-reaching and part of our daily lives Walgreens is. I like that Walgreens still has the human touch of the corner store while growing its global technological capabilities"Elise Gerskovich, InternWhy did you decide on an internship with Walgreens?
- First impression of Walgreens, "Hard working people who serve our communities." Proudest moment of your management career, "People want to go where I go."Wei Li, Director ITFirst Impressions and Proudest Moment
- The most important thing for any leader is the people. Leaders are only as good as the people they surround themselves with. Don't hire people like you, hire those that are different than you, find what they're passionate about and let them do that.Director, Future of PharmacyWhat has made you successful?
Jobs at Walgreens11 open jobs
Data + Analytics
Dev + Engineer
Data + Analytics
Technology we use
- Maria DBDatabases
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
- Microsoft ProjectManagement