Senior Writer Request For Proposal at Walgreens
Responsible for producing drafts, editing, and final text for where more complex segment proposals as required. Creates templates, standards, and checklists relevant to the proposal requirement and ensures the accuracy and completeness of proposal content on time. Develops proposals in response to solicitations (RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, etc.) from various agencies of federal and local governments and commercial healthcare organizations. Researches relevant opportunities as directed by the Director of Product Development. Develops and executes the full proposal plan including final strategy development, theme development, and compliance. Note: This is a blended position; encompassing ESG senior writers as well as senior and lead writer roles and responsibilities.
- Completes full cycle of complex proposals across multiple business segments on time.
- Provides accurate and timely follow-up in support of finalist negotiations.
- Partners with multiple business units including but not limited to Sales, SME’s and knowledge based staff to coordinate and manage the entire production process to RFPs and RFIs.
- Manages workload and prioritize activities to ensure timely completion of assignments efficiently.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in sales proposal development and administration within a business development, pharma, or pharmacy, managed care, healthcare industry or decision support function.
- Experience collaborating with both internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to30% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree.