Supplier Content Operations Specialist - Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
As a Supplier Operations Specialist you will be joining a product information management team with a rapidly growing B2B e-commerce company. You will assist our suppliers in managing their product content. The Specialists will work closely with the suppliers’ teams in uploading new as well as enriched product content via our Product Information Management (PIM) supplier interface. Additionally this role, in partnership with our PIM Process Managers, will be responsible for supplier communication and workflows related to their product content. They will focus on streamlined, timely ingestion of all new and updated content, including text, attribution, assets, etc. The Supplier Content Operations Specialists will report to the Senior Manager of the team, and work closely with the PIM Process managers and the Product Enrichment team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as primary product content contact for multiple product suppliers (50+).
- Work to minimize friction in hand off of Suppliers from the Product team.
- Assure Supplier users access is timely created and that they are fully trained on use of the Supplier Portal in our PIM software.
- For any necessary custom supplier templates, lead the mapping and validation effort.
- Coaching suppliers through new item additions, use of vendor portal, and content enrichment.
- Execute processes that acquire Supplier-based product content assets, such as images, videos, and documents.
- Support the creation and maintenance of enhanced content relationships, and product display groupings in partnership with the Merchandising team.
- Support changes in processes to streamline the acquisition and application of Supplier based product content. Work to continuously improve these processes to speed delivery of product content from Suppliers to zoro.com.
- Perform content activities such as data analysis, editing, applying updates resulting from data normalization, content support and other functions along with ensuring the consistency of product information.
- Monitor E2E workflow of content and related requests to suppliers.
- Support Zoro’s strategic plans of sku growth and continuous content improvement.
- Educate suppliers on making a positive impact to Zoro’s search experience as it relates to the use of product content they provide.
- This is a fast-moving team, such that assigned job responsibilities will evolve as we launch a new PIM platform and evolve processes and roles to match our rapidly expanding catalog.
- 1-3 years’ experience working directly with product content suppliers in a large, product data centric e-commerce organization.
- Experience analyzing and managing product content information sourced from third parties.
- Familiarity with Product Information Management (PIM) platforms, ideally with Informatica.
- Agile project experience using JIRA desired.
- Cross-functional experience working with remote teams.
- Able to demonstrate working across business functions and units (i.e. Product Management, Product Information, content enrichment, and site presentation)
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills. Interacts positively with teammates and business partners; handle conflict gracefully.
- Able to translate technical information to easily understood concepts, decisions, and actions.
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster collaboration among teams, with suppliers, cross-functional teams, and business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.