Technical Writer (Contract) at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a modern software engineering firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our Chicago Team. The primary purpose of the Kin and Carta Technical Writer is to design, define, and build a documentation site to make available to our Kin for self-service and education on our Salesforce and BI application.
If you are just as excited about the future of technology as we are and meet the following requirements, let's chat!
- Working with business and technical stakeholders to align on content
- Performing Research for accuracy of generated content
- Building information architecture for a documentation site
- Writing technical guides/specifications on how to design, build and deploy solutions on a data platform
- Building step by step user guides for Salesforce, PowerBi, and Big Query
- Proofreading and editing of generated content
- Publishing and publicizing content globally
- Building Documentation Site using tools like Docusauraus
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- Experience in Salesforce or of the like systems
- Experience in step by step user guides, tutorials, installation guides, training guides, administration guides, articles, API Guides
- Experience with documentation site software for publishing documentation
- Ability to learn new technology in a small amount of time
- Familiarity with adaptive software development methods like agile
- Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking
- Ability to work independently with little direction, and also in a team environment
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with internal staff
- Experience supporting internal global stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to provide support during off-hours when necessary
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.