Principal Infrastructure Engineer at Discover (Chicago, IL)
About This Role
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork, and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
On an Agile infrastructure team, you are responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle for the Apple MacOS platform. Core competencies include but are not limited to: Apple Mac Build/Image Management, Windows Build/Image Management, JAMF Cloud/Microsoft Intune Software Deployment, PowerShell scripting/automation. Works independently as well as part of a tight-knit team, provides forward thinking solutions that drive both infrastructure and business solutions in a highly available and highly regulated environment. Interfaces with Solution Architects and other corresponding teams (network, security, appdev, hardware) on feature enrichment or problem solving of issues relating to the full system architecture stack.
- Contributes to product delivery, influenced by strategic direction across Business Technology and enterprise including investment decisions (i.e., build vs buy) across multiple products. Uses automation, system tools, open-source solutions, observability and 'security first' principles in daily work
- Contributes to team agile ceremonies, leads demos and presentations, helps new engineers learn established norms
- Bridges desired Business features to BT capabilities and executes groundwork in requirement translations and design. Initiates detailed level solution design approaches across multiple domains, and guides team to achieve desired key software delivery capabilities using automated, coded enterprise and observability
- Participates in (internal/external) speaking and advocacy events. Coaches core technology communities and is actively engaged in understanding and researching new technologies
- Researches and adopts new technology solutions and ways to build technical capabilities
- Continues professional education and creates opportunities for broader engineering teams to learn industry best practices
- Will be part of a 24x7 on call rotation
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelors - Computer Science or related
- 6+ Years - (Software) Engineering, DevOps or related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of proficient on the Dreyfus engineering scale
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working/supporting MacOS with JAMF Cloud and tight integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Intune a MS Windows environment using innovative and automated solutions.
- In depth knowledge of related infrastructure technologies and landscape (hardware, software, network, security, etc.)
- Demonstrated incident, problem, and escalation management for own area of responsibility with a strong customer focus.
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as PCI-DSS is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong presentation and communication skills and the capability to address and interact with individuals or groups at varying levels of the organization.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies a plus
- Experience with the following Tools/Software: MacOS, Microsoft Windows Endpoints (Windows 11, 10), Linux, Microsoft Intune/Endpoint Manager, Group Policy Management, Vulnerability Management, Audit/Compliance
- Well organized, self-motivated, and able to prioritize and multi-task in high-pressure situations.
- Able to work independently with strong interest on current planning techniques and technologies.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Create and Maintain Documentation both internally and customer facing.
- Exceptional at troubleshooting, thinking out of the box.
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)