Analyst, Credit Ratings at Morningstar
New Analyst to support U.S. Structured Credit in a quantitative role.
U.S. Structured Credit (US SC) is an rating analytics team that assigns ratings, monitors ratings, develops research and maintains rating methodologies for US collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), other corporate securitizations and bespoke rating opportunities.
• Assist analysts assigning new ratings;
• Assist analysts monitoring ratings and transaction performance;
• Assist with portfolio analysis by applying DBRS developed predictive models;
• Assist with asset-liability cash flow analysis by applying DBRS developed cash flow engines;
• Assist with data analysis applying DBRS rating methodologies and analytical tools;
• Support ratings administration including record retention;
• Support production of discussion and committee memos;
• Conduct market research and financial analysis for senior analysts, rating committees, research, investor meetings and conferences;
• Completed a bachelor’s degree in a subject such as finance, physics, mathematics, engineering, economics or similar quantitative discipline;
• Quantitative background and interest to develop quantitative skills including cash flow analysis;
• Basic understanding of structured finance transactions including CLOs;
• Advanced knowledge and practical skills in using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
• Knowledge of analytical programming language (VBA, Python, etc.) is a plus;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Demonstrate analytical abilities, with a high attention to detail and producing high quality work;
• Willingness and ability to learn new analytical approaches proactively;
• Willingness and ability to think creatively;
• Curiosity to develop new application and to perform complex analyses;
• Self-starter with ability to prioritize and complete critical work quickly, independently and with a sense of urgency;
• Must be team player with strong interpersonal skills.
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.