Here @ Strata…
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
As an Analyst on one of our Client Services teams you will be responsible for working in an Agile environment to implement, then optimize the adoption and use of our software platform, StrataJazz and our best practices. We are always looking for top talent to join on us on one of many teams including Data Integration or one of our software solution teams, from Advanced Planning to Decision Support or Continuous Improvement. As an Analyst, you will:
- Work with an experienced team of client service professionals who have deep technical expertise in Strata software solutions and who are well-versed in the financial management processes of healthcare providers, including strategic planning, cost accounting, payer contract modeling, operating budgeting, management reporting, cost improvement, capital planning, and productivity improvement.
- Implement Strata software at multiple clients across the country. Implementation includes configuring the user requirements, validating its functionality, and testing key features of the software.
- Analysts will work on configuring and testing users and security, developing complex financial models, building reports, developing workflows, and configuring administrative screens.
- Communicate complex analyses and system functionality to clients and colleagues. Track and follow up on open items to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Assist project leaders in assessing clients’ training needs for specific features and functions; provide onsite and web-based client training.
- Consult with technical consulting team and Solution Architects to resolve issues clients experience.
- Work in an Agile environment and learn one of the most widely used and effective methodologies for building and implementing high quality, feature-rich software.
- Learn to use SQL and Strata implementation tools to deliver on client expectations for software implementation and optimization projects.
- Communicate proactively with team members, managers, and project managers on issues and risks that may arise during the project life cycle. Take action to minimize risks and ensure a world class delivery experience.
- Learn to help clients define their business and technical requirements for the software. Gain the experience necessary to work with clients as a trusted advisor to implement best practices in their financial management processes.
- Meaningfully contribute to operational improvement and strategic growth projects to enable Strata to continue to scale operations and continually improve our level of service to clients.
Your accomplishments include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field (i.e. Finance, Business, Engineering or Health Administration to name a few)
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrating a strong interest in providing a world class level of client service
- Professional and/or academic exposure to SQL and relational database concepts with an interest in learning more
- A basic understanding of financial concepts, including financial statement analysis
- Ability to respond to client needs as they arise
- A drive to learn quickly and constantly adapt to new challenges
- Strong self-motivation, and the ability to work effectively with limited guidance when necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.