Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Operations Engineer at Avant
What you do at Avant:
- Build and maintain software tools that enable data scientists to train machine learning models and process large amounts of data. We primarily use Python for most backend packages and applications but also support other languages such as R.
- Automate different model training and scoring processes while considering scalability as our data grows.
- Design and implement microservices for models and other internal applications. We use Flask but we’re open to using other web frameworks as well.
- Develop promotion pipelines that build and deploy our models as services. We use build tools like Docker and platforms such as Buildkite and Jenkins for CI/CD.
- Architect, deploy, and manage scalable infrastructure. We use a number of AWS services to host our applications and databases and use Terraform to deploy our infrastructure as code.
- Write robust test suites and documentation that ensures our code performs as expected and allows ease of use for end users.
- Query, manipulate, and store data sources and streams. Avant has large amounts of data and we use tools like PostgreSQL, Hive, and Spark to access it.
- Have a say in project planning and system design decisions.
- Collaborate with other backend engineers and data-minded people to brainstorm ideas, solve complex problems, and deliver .
- Be a part of a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences.
- We are the core of technical problem solvers and reserve force for all technical tasks and issues at Avant.
Why you are a fit at Avant:
- You have a bachelor’s or advanced degree in a field such as computer science, mathematics, machine learning or another quantitative discipline.
- You have strong knowledge of machine learning and data engineering concepts, computer science fundamentals, and coding/testing best practices with 3-5 years of experience working in a data and ML driven team.
- You are excited about system design and enjoy creating project plans and seeing them through to completion.
- You have experience automating processes and are concerned with increasing efficiency and scalability.
- You are intellectually curious, love to learn about new technologies, and can teach others from your experiences.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
- You’re entrepreneurial, self-driven, and take pride in improving our customers’ experiences.
- You like communicating directly with business units from all over the company to ensure you understand and can best handle the pain points and the wide range of stakeholders' needs