Associate Data Engineer
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for an Associate Data Engineer (entry-level) to join our Data Engineering team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As an Associate Data Engineer you will build and expand upon the testing framework and testing infrastructure of IAS’ core ad verification, analytics and anti ad fraud software products.
The ideal candidate is naturally curious, dedicated, detail-oriented with a strong desire to work with awesome people in a highly collaborative environment. You should be able to not take yourself too seriously as well.
What you’ll do:
- Extract, transform, and analyze large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Implement data processing solutions using Big data stack including but not limited to Hadoop, Spark, Vertica, and Hive
- Write SQL queries and other types of data requests in the context of massive data sets
- Build data pipelines and data stores optimized for data science needs
- Implement systems for large-scale data analysis and machine learning.
- Identify and implement automated tests for software components. Deploy and maintain data processing systems in production
- Partner with engineering teams on deployments of data science driven solutions
Who you are and what you have:
- Technology enthusiast eager to learn and use new technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- 0-1 years professional experience programming in object oriented languages such as Java, C++, Scala or Python
- Basic understanding of algorithms and data structures
What puts you over the top:
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or related fields
- Basic understanding of databases such as Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server or MySql
- Basic understanding of scripting using Perl or Shell
- Basic understanding of AWS Analytics technologies
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology company that offers data and solutions to establish a safer, more effective advertising ecosystem. We partner with advertisers and publishers to protect their investments, capture consumer attention, and drive business impact. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 13 countries. Our growth and innovation have been recognized in the Inc. 5000, Crain’s Fast 50, Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies, and I-COM’s Smart Data Marketing Technology Company. Learn more at www.integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.