Associate Data Engineer
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for an Associate Big Data Engineer (entry-level) to join our Data Engineering team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As an Associate Data Engineer you will build and expand upon the testing framework and testing infrastructure of IAS’ core ad verification, analytics and anti ad fraud software products.
The ideal candidate is naturally curious, dedicated, detail-oriented with a strong desire to work with awesome people in a highly collaborative environment. You should be able to not take yourself too seriously as well.
What you’ll do:
- Extract, transform, and analyze large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Implement data processing solutions using Big data stack including but not limited to Hadoop, Spark, Java Map Reduce, Pig and Hive
- Write SQL queries and other types of data requests in the context of massive data sets
- Build data pipelines and data stores optimized for data science needs
- Implement systems for large-scale data analysis and machine learning.
- Identify and implement automated tests for software components. Deploy and maintain data processing systems in production
- Partner with engineering teams on deployments of data science driven solutions
Who you are and what you have:
- Technology enthusiast eager to learn and use new technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- 0-1 years professional experience programming in object oriented languages such as Java, Scala or Python
- Basic understanding of algorithms and data structures
What puts you over the top:
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or related fields
- Basic understanding of databases such as Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server, Snowflake or MySql
- Basic understanding of scripting using Perl or Shell
- Basic understanding of AWS Analytics technologies
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.