Associate Principal, Data Platform Technology Developer at OCC
The candidate will be responsible for designing and delivering scalable and resilient hybrid and Cloud-based applications and data solutions supporting critical financial market clearing and risk activities; helping to drive the strategy of transforming the enterprise into a data-driven organization; lead through innovative strategic thinking in building data solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
You will be part of the Data team, a diverse group of dedicated engineers who are very passionate about data. As the Data team member, you will be responsible for crafting and building cloud-based applications and data systems that will serve as the backbone for the enterprise data management and analytics capabilities. You will join the core team responsible for the design, development, and implementation. You will work closely with internal and external business and technology partners. We will define system architecture, technology stack and its tactical implementation. You will help us take on unique technical challenges associated with handling large datasets and managing streaming data in public cloud and hybrid environments, build large and complex data pipelines, integrate data coming from diverse sources in different formats, implement continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, automate everything we can get our hands on, and be part of the API-first design principle implementation. You will have a rare and challenging opportunity to apply your technical skills, knowledge and experience, acquire new skills and grow with us.Supervisory Responsibilities:
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions
- Understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) in Waterfall, Lean, and Agile work environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire and ability to learn other programming languages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work experience in the capital markets, preferred
- 5+ years of Java-based development
- 5+ years of front-end development
- 3+ years of experience in NodeJS application development
- 3+ years of hands-on HTML5/CSS3 experience
- Hands-on development experience with multiple programming languages such as Python, Java, and Scala
- Hands-on experiences designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps tools and technologies such as Terraform, Git, Jenkins, Docker, Harness, Nexus/Artifactory, and CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of SQL, data warehousing design concepts, various data management systems (structured and semi structured) and integrating with various database technologies (Relational, NoSQL)
- Experience working with Cloud ecosystems (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with Big Data processing technologies and frameworks such as Presto, Hadoop, MapReduce, and Spark.
- Familiarity with stream processing technologies and frameworks such as Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink
- Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, SignalFX, and AppDynamics
- Good understanding of data integrations patterns, technologies, and tools
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate Level is a plus