Biological Modeling Senior Research Associate at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but clinicians and life science researchers lack the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique targets and biomarkers.
The Tempus Biological Modeling Lab has amassed a suite of capabilities including large-scale patient-derived organoid library to validate real world data driven hypotheses involving chemotherapeutics, biologics, targeted therapies, immuno-oncology, and cell based therapies. As we construct large scale experimental data sets, we seek an individual highly skilled in molecular/synthetic biology to join our efforts in constructing large molecular libraries of genetic tools.
What You'll Do:
- Work on a team of experienced scientists and computational biologists to design and construct molecular libraries to probe epithelial and immune cell functions
- Carry out pilot and optimization experiments independently
- Conduct and monitor in vitro screening experiments and collect and analyze data
- Work with team members to prepare and sequence Next Generation Sequencing libraries
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience in cell culture and molecular biology, and/or PhD or Master’s degree with 5+ years of experience
- Wide experience in molecular biology projects including
- Vector design
- Modern cloning techniques (Gibson assembly, Golden gate, Cold-Fusion/In-fusion
- oligo library cloning and library preparation (e.g. shRNA, gRNA, ORF fragments, etc.)
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical and conceptual capabilities, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with clarity
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment with competing projects and deadlines
- Skilled in interpreting results and using data, along with literature precedent and input from subject matter experts, to modify experimental plans accordingly
- Background in Immunology either via advanced degree or postdoctoral experience
- Coding proficiency (in any language) to facilitate analysis work