Business Analysis at JPMorgan Chase
As a Lead Business Analyst for the Loan IQ Technology team you will be responsible for working on one or more prioritized and funded projects with responsibility for ensuring that the project deliverables fulfill the business’s agreed requirements.
Specifically, the role requires you to:
- Act as the liaison between the lines of business, product owner team and the Technology Team.
- Ensure the project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Analyze and document business requirements that capture the business need.
- Manage the business requirements throughout the entire software development lifecycle.
- Providing guidance to feature teams while breaking down complex stories into well understood and achievable tasks
- Work alongside the development team and answer any questions/inquiries in a timely manner.
- Working closely with analysts, testers and key business partners for effective delivery and testing
- Ensure that all system integration testing is successfully performed and documented.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing with our line of business partners.
- Ensure that all user acceptance testing scenarios successfully fulfill the original need outlined in the business requirements document.
- Ensure that all user acceptance testing is successfully fulfilled and documented.
- Prepare, coordinate, and review the implementation plan with all cross impacted parties.
- Provide post implementation support on an as needed basis.
- Ability to lead a global team and interact with business users and senior management·
- Bachelor degree (CIS, MIS or equivalent preferred)
- Business Analyst experience – 4 to 6 years
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation, presentation and production of documentation appropriate to an audience.
- Good prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Clear understanding of the system development lifecycle.
- Loan system experience, preferably Loan IQ.
- Working business knowledge of Syndication, Trading, and Loan Operations process.
- SQL, PL/SQL knowledge.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients’ success.