Business Analyst, Managed Portfolios at Morningstar
The Group: The Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar’s investment principles focused on delivering great long-term investment results to help end-investors reach their financial goals. Morningstar® Managed PortfoliosSM, our complete wealth management platform serving financial advisors, offers a broad lineup of strategies built with stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs to help meet an investor’s needs at each stage of their lifetime.
We are looking for an analytical and process-oriented thinker who can translate the business & technical strategy into requirements. Business Analysts work closely with Product Managers to gain understanding of the business and embed that knowledge in the Project team, partnering with Project Managers, Developers, QA and Operations.
• Lead requirement gathering sessions with business stakeholders to gather requirements, melding business direction with technical strategy by translating business requirements into development tasks
• Develop “As-Is” and “To-Be” process and data flows for data collection and calculation, based on understanding of data usage by clients and external teams.
• Facilitate story-writing sessions to determine and develop detailed functional and technical requirements and acceptance criteria, with project managers and developers.
• Translate business and client requirements through systems analysis to provide technology recommendations, use case diagrams, and wireframes if applicable, to document functional requirements
• Collaborate on projects with distributed teams, managing functional impact to a project such as scope creep, requirements changes and back-log prioritization.
• Employ Agile Development Methodologies, including daily stand-ups, story writing, task estimation, iteration planning meetings, two-week iterations, release cycles and retrospectives
• Collect client feedback from User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and document issues for the development team
• Write Statements of Work (SOWs) for client projects
• Assist with quality assurance testing
• 3+ years of experience in a support or data analyst or project manager role.
• Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence Wiki is preferred.
• Excellent writing, communication, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Experience with or exposure to Agile and software development.
• Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
• A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a highly collaborative team environment.
• Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Familiarity with Morningstar products and capabilities.
• A bachelor’s degree is required. MBA or CFA is a plus.
Please include a cover letter with your resume and application.
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity