The Business Analyst will work on a team upgrade the IOU’s existing Outage Management System (OMS) from version 8 to version 9 under the direct supervision of the Project Executive or Project Lead to understand business requirements and work with other SMEs to develop and document solutions. This individual will also assist with ensuring that deliverables meet client standards and expectations. The successful candidate may work on multiple projects simultaneously and be a team player.
- Participate in workshops, design as-is flows, designed to-be flows, gather requirements (through customer interviews, JAD sessions, and review of project artifacts), ensure requirements align, and perform a fit-gap analysis
- Develop new process documentation
- Develop and/or update user and system documentation
- Create and present reports or presentations as requested by the Project Executive
- Develop epics/features/user stories
- Assist in the documentation of testing procedures
- Assist in the documentation of project charters and similar documents
- Business Analyst with 2-3 years of experience working directly on large system implementations
- Utilities industry (gas/electric) experience
- Experience in working with a distribution utility is a plus
- Functional testing experience is a plus
- Experience using HP ALM is a plus
- Strong analytical skills are required. General consulting experience – assisting with running workshops; defining requirements and mapping processes
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills to assist with presentations
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Experience in MS Project a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
This opportunity may require a COVID-19 vaccine based on SDI Presences clients’ requirements and/or guidelines in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
SDI Presence does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SDI Presence and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.