WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). This position and all of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro's Business Intelligence team guides the innovation and development of our BI environment. This team blends focus, collaboration, and creativity to fulfill our mission in creating a transformative user experience where information drives decision making.
Business success based on informed decision making is at the forefront of this team’s work using research, cross-departmental stakeholder collaboration, user engagement, and strong communication skills to facilitate solution requests and translate business problems into technical solutions.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
The role will have a direct impact on growing the business by helping to execute on our Business Intelligence roadmap. Applicants for this role should be highly knowledgeable about business process and hoe business process is measured. You’ll also contribute by:
- Clearing capturing state business process within the context of the delivery of an information-based solution which could include: process analysis, concept modeling, decision analysis, organizational analysis.
- Partnering with business stakeholders, SMEs, and users to understand business problems that need to be solved using information
- Evaluating ideas and translating them into problem statements
- Analyzing and breaking down user stories into functional requirements, with a strong attention to detail, in order to define requirements
- Verifying that the requirements incorporate the customer’s needs, and ensure traceability to business objectives
- Presenting requirements to engineering to clearly communicate specifics in technical terminology
- Preparing acceptance criteria for solution testing
- Helping in the definition of required training for delivered solutions and promote adoption
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3 years experience acting in a Business Analyst role
- Previous experience with writing requirements for software development, BA experience, or QA experience is preferred
- Ability to write queries in SQL and understand BI database concepts.
- Enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams and customers to solve real business problem
- Familiarity with BI development process
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Preference given to those with IIBA certification.
- Enterprise platform/SaaS experience or digital advertising industry knowledge
OUR TECH STACK
- Pentaho, Power BI
- MYSQL, Postgres, or other DB platforms
- Python, Microsoft DAX
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.