Business Intelligence Analyst
What you'll be doing:
You will be expected to design, develop, implement and maintain new reporting functionality and analytic applications across multiple business units including Finance, Marketing, Operations and more. You will serve the Business Owners to develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and scorecards that track key customer, loan, and business metrics using Enterprise BI tools. You will capture and translate requirements, through a variety of techniques, to create coherent report design documents leading to successful solutions. Chances are you are innovative and willing to collaborate with your team to build new data warehouse, data mart and business intelligence solutions while supporting our existing application. You will operate as an owner by completing the full life cycle of a project from understanding the business process and requirements through implementation and support. And last but not least, you have the ability to become an expert in the programming systems used on the team, including leading edge cloud-based systems & tools.
What you should have:
- 3-4 years of professional experience in the data and/or business intelligence field
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering/CS, IT, or related study
- Strong technical knowledge of SQL and data analysis
- Proven requirements gathering and long-term solution development experience
- Have conducted validation of existing reporting and new solutions
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interface with Business, Analytics and IT organizations
- The ability to work effectively in short-cycle, team oriented environment, managing multiple priorities and tasks
- The ability to identify non-obvious solutions to complex problems
- Strong knowledge of relational database modeling principles and techniques
- Experience in MicroStrategy or comparable BI tool preferred
Our Business Intelligence and Data Services team:
Enova’s Business Intelligence and Data Services team is part of our Analytics team that consists of over 60 quantitative and data reporting professionals. Our team members are problem solvers and action-oriented thinkers. They focus on collecting, analyzing and presenting data to generate knowledge and value for the organization. The top priority is to empower the organization by leveraging and transforming the data and achieving innovative results.
We speak this language:
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served over 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work someplace awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.