Are you ready to transform an industry? At Centro we are building a comprehensive tech platform that radically increases efficiencies and impact across businesses, teams, and campaigns. Our clients can run all their digital business through Basis, with robust business intelligence, workflow automation, search and social integrations, and the number one rated DSP.
We’re taking the digital advertising world by storm and are proud to be headquartered in the rapidly growing tech hub of Chicago, with offices that span across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Join us in our mission to improve the lives of everyone working in the industry!
WHY WORK WITH US?
At Centro, we believe that lasting success is achieved through continual dedication to the growth and well-being of the individual. Our people are the core of what makes Centro unique. Driven by the Centro Manifesto and our guiding principles, we look to hire the best and brightest minds—curious, passionate learners who are driven to create impact.
We are committed to building a culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. When we work hard, stay focused, and act in service to others, we believe that anything is possible. Come grow with us!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Technology is at the core of what we do. Centro’s innovative Engineering team designs and develops new features and integrations for Basis, our industry-leading, comprehensive software solution. Our platform processes over 300 billion events per day and uses AI and machine learning to automate and simplify the entire digital campaign process.
This team is all about data—and in order to create value from the massive amount of data we collect, engineering leverages their dynamic Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams to create insights that benefit the industry as a whole.
WAYS YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
The BI Developer will focus on business intelligence, reporting technologies, and methodologies. You must be able to collaborate with a strong, cross-functional team of engineers, testers, designers, product managers and business analysts to continue building an incredible product. Successfully achieving this requires a proactive attitude to ensure that BI solutions add value add to the organization. You will also contribute by:
- Partnering with technical product managers and business analysts to analyze requirements and user stories to design OLAP and reporting based BI solutions.
- Understanding how requirements incorporate the customer’s needs and ensure solutions developed are traceable to business objectives.
- Understanding the BI SDLC process and collaborate with team members on process improvements
- Assessing current BI environment and understand how solutions impact existing architecture or how architecture should be developed to support BI solutions.
- Understanding QA Process and be able to participate in multiple levels of testing (unit, regression, system, etc.)
- Managing the document library of BI solutions in coordination with BI team members.
- Participating in BI tool/solution decision process.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience writing high-performance SQL to solve complex business problems.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in BI solution design and development.
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization and reporting.
- 2+ years of experience in client-facing technical BI role.
- Advanced knowledge of data management, business intelligence and analytic solution delivery including OLAP concepts, semantic layer, and reporting solutions.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing, ETL process, data quality, data governance, and metadata management.
- Data modeling knowledge with data marts and data warehouses. Knowledge of ETL design and data flows is preferred.
- Experience with data visualization, dashboard design, reporting, self-service BI, data KPIs, predictive, prescriptive, and descriptive analytics solutions.
- Experience with the full lifecycle of a BI project from start to finish. This includes environment coordination, deployment to production, and relevant communications
- Strong SQL and data extraction skills. – ability to extract and manipulate data from common database systems (Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Some direct experience with ETL tools is preferred (SSIS, Pentaho DI, Informatica, Talend, etc)
- Big Data systems (Hive, Impala, etc.)
- Preference given to individuals with enterprise platform/SaaS experience or digital advertising industry knowledge
OUR TECH STACK
- Ruby, Java, Python, and React.js
- Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka
- PostgreSQL, NoSQL
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people. Our team has put together a thoughtful benefits package and provides a wide range of perks, including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, a tax-free health savings account, tuition reimbursement, generous maternity/paternity leave, and more.
Aside from benefits, we’re always finding new ways to invest in the personal and professional growth our employees. We’re proud to support a variety of employee-led communities that enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment. Centro is more than a workplace.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.