Business Strategy Director- HealthCare and LifeSciences at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Job Title: Global Head of Life Sciences Industry, Global
Location: Boston, MA OR USA - Remote
Location: Remote with willingness to travel 20% of the time.
Reports to: GM/Area Vice President, Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward automating the workflows for industries by simplifying and speeding up unstructured work, remedial tasks, and processes that make our day-to-day work life easier; essentially, we help digitally transform our customers to a modern digital enterprise that operates faster and more efficiently so businesses can scale more cost effectively than ever before.
This executive role is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing cloud software companies and Forbes Magazine's #1 Most Innovative Company in a highly visible role with massive potential impact.
To propel our next phase of growth, ServiceNow is investing in expanding our Vertical Solutions organization. We're building a team of entrepreneurial and collaborative individuals who are passionate about the opportunity to transform the Life Sciences(Pharma, BioTech, Med Device, Med Tech) Industry leveraging ServiceNow's powerful digital workflow platform.
You will be joining a team that is digitally transforming the Life Sciences Industry by partnering with leading Life Sciences Companies across the globe. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations, and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
To assist our Life Sciences customers in their Digital Transformation efforts we are seeking a Global Head within our Vertical Solutions organization. We are seeking an industry innovator within the Life Sciences industry to help our customers enable their digital transformation strategies by leveraging their investment in ServiceNow. The right person will have worked in a Global 500 Life Sciences company and spent time in the business in a Go-to-Market (GMT) role defining business workflows to automate business services and/or a Solution Director role within a leading consulting/software company.
What you will do in this role:
• Work closely with Account Executive and Solution Consultant as an industry expert to define the solution plays for the Life Sciences industry to grow the Annual Contracted Value (ACV).
• Provide thought leadership and collaborate with internal ServiceNow business units to create repeatable solutions that could lead to creation of a product
• Define and lead the development of world class Life Sciences use cases to be developed on the ServiceNow Platform
• Create first call decks for account executives to use with their prospective clients.
• Create battle cards that guides and account on how to pursue a Life Sciences opportunity by solution play
• Harvest customer wins to assist with the development of industry case studies
• Create deep dive solution content for Solution Consultants in the field
• Create enablement content to educate the field teams on the Life Sciences industry
• Work collaboratively to ensure global alignment for Life Sciences sales and solution plays.
• Work with our partners to scale industry solutions in the marketplace
The individual for this role will have specific knowledge of leading innovations, workflows and integrations that enable the Life Sciences industry related to Digital Transformation efforts. In this role we are looking for an individual to help lead the creation of innovative Life Sciences solutions by defining the workflows and integrations needed to automate the industry. You will need to thoroughly understand the client experience and the workflows associated with the Life Sciences Customer Journey.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability in the following key areas:
• Ten plus years performing Industry advisory services. This individual must be a practitioner within the Life Sciences industry. You must have lived within the industry, not just know about it on paper. And one must have relevant examples of business solutions you have designed and developed that have innovated the industry. The perfect balance in this role would be someone who worked for a leading Life Sciences company and spent part of their career performing advisory services for a leading consulting company.
• Ten plus years leading innovative solution design within the Life Sciences Industry
• Five plus years of pre-sales experience within a consulting organization and experience developing and growing CxO level relationships
• Proven record of building strong cross organizational relationships on a global scale
• Consultative Selling (question-based selling, positioning services)
• Ability to communicate complex topics in plain English to CxO level executives
• Intrinsically curious and passionate about researching current and emerging trends in Life Sciences and other supporting industries.
• Experience in matrixed management environments and strong stakeholder management skills.
• Added value for being able to use Design Thinking to create journey maps to define customer solutions
• Bachelor's degree required; Master of Computer Science is a plus
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.