Cell Culture Research Associate (11 am – 7 pm) at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Tempus Biological Modeling Lab is building a large-scale patient-derived organoid library to validate our observations from real world data, and construct large scale data sets based on biological models for any given cancer type. We’re looking for a cell culture research associate who can help us process and culture tumor organoids and prepare them for our array of assays.
What you will do:
- Receive and process patient tumor samples for our patient-specific biological modeling
- Plate cells to grow tumor organoids and maintain cell cultures
- Plate tumor organoids for assays
- Cryopreserve tumor tissue and tumor organoids to create the most comprehensive organoid biobank
- Isolate tumor organoid DNA/RNA for sequencing
- Maintain quality metrics and data generation for organoid growth and analysis platforms
Qualifications - Must Haves:
- MS in clinical laboratory science or biological science and experience with cell culture, or BS in clinical laboratory science or biological science and 2 years of experience in cell culture work.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding cell culture aseptic technique
- Hands-on experience implementing quality control protocols to identify, avoid, and eliminate issues related to problems associated with cell culture, including cell line misidentification, contamination with mycoplasma and other agents, and genotypic and phenotypic instability.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
Qualifications - Highly Desirable:
- Experience with human tissue processing and dissociation techniques
- Experience with tumor organoid growth and development
- Experience handling large amounts of cell culture plates