CommandCentral Data Integrator - with SQL experience (Remote) at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
The Software Enterprise Cloud Activations and Systems team delivers solutions to the public safety sector both on premise and in the cloud. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission enabling them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Data Analytics, and Command Central.
- The CommandCentral Data Integrator primarily works with law enforcement agencies to fetch data from various records systems in order to fulfill orders for CommandCentral Analytics, CommandCentral Predictive, and CrimeReports cloud offerings.
- The Integrator provides ongoing support by monitoring and assists with maintaining data feeds and keeping agency data up to date and reinstalling data feeds as agencies change records systems or hardware.
- As required, the Integrator assists customer support with advanced troubleshooting of CommandCentral Analytics, CommandCentral Predictive, and CrimeReports and researches and reports software bugs for CommandCentral Analytics, CommandCentral Predictive, and CrimeReports. Additionally, the Integrator assists other internal departments with CommandCentral Analytics and CrimeReports related data requests and product questions.
- Prior to deployment, the Integrator assists sales with pre-sales data integration questions.
- The Integrator must maintain personal backlog and prioritize work to complete it in a timely manner as well as maintain flexible work hours to be available when agencies are available across multiple time zones.
- Strong customer service skills
- Technical problem solving and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of SQL select statements
- Knowledge of ODBC configuration
- Must be able to work with a team and have a positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Bachelors/Associates degree - preferred
- Ability to create and edit ESRI Polygon shapefiles
- Knowledge of Java, Python, and/or other programming languages
- Knowledge of Talend Data Integration and/or other ETL tools
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- Experience with writing SQL queries
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.