Commercial Bank - Data Platform Software Engineering Manager, Executive Director at JPMorgan Chase
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead a technology team to solve exciting business problems in the domain of commercial banking, payments and financial services. Candidates must have a strong curiosity for data and a proven track record of successfully implementing AWS solutions with proficiency in software engineering. This is a unique opportunity to apply your skills and have a direct impact on a global business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of AWS solutions, Java, Python, and data applications. They should also have strong software engineering skills in full stack JAVA applications and the ability to build systems that reach JP Morgan scale. The candidate will also have experience leading development teams, mentoring other team members, and defining world class technology solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Partner to the Product Owner to deliver technology solutions across 3-4 feature teams for the Commercial Bank Data Platform
- Manage the feature teams to improve the effectiveness and efficiency through coaching, mentoring and resolution of impediments.
- Oversee technical designs and focus on continued innovation and modernization of the technology stack
- Mentor team members to progress their technical skills and professional development
- Build and maintain relationships with internal (business and technology team members) and third-party partners
- People Development and support including talent management, hiring, and cultivating talent
- Design and build AWS and private cloud full-stack Java solutions for Commercial Bank data use cases
- Triage technical issues and lead teams toward solving problems.
- Collaborate across the Commercial Bank Data Platform team to leverage existing data products and create of additional ones in support of the Commercial Bank use cases
- Advanced Degree in field of Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent discipline.
- Mastery of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Command of architecture, design, and business processes
- Strong, proven management leadership and talent development experience
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Experience with AWS environments including EC2, ASG, Lambda, EKS, RDS, Code Deploy, and others
- Experience with modern architectures and practices including microservices, micro frontends, and domain driven design
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies - Hadoop/Cloudera/HortonWorks, MapReduce, Spark, Scala
- Knowledge of database technologies including realtionol and noSQL solutiosn
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, and QlikSense
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients’ success.