Commercial Operations Analyst
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, Tempus empowers physicians to make real-time data-driven decisions in clinic based on the comprehensive computational analysis of a patient’s unique pathology.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for an Commercial Operations Analyst who is passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally across commercial and operational teams, including sales, sales operations, operations, and customer experience
- Oversee lead qualification and enforce rules of engagement when multiple teams are working with a customer
- Ensure complete and accurate lead qualification within SalesForce.com consistent with the flow of data into Tempus client-facing tools
- Aggregate and analyze commercial and customer data (e.g., order history, product usage), and create reporting tools/processes
- Continuous Improvements; proactively identify and implement operational enhancements that meet business requirements
- Bachelor's degree in analytics, business, computer science, finance or economics
- 1-3 years experience preferred
- Analytical mindset
- Practical experience translating raw data into practical insights and recommendations
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Familiarity with microsoft office applications (intermediate Excel skills, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com or other CRM
- 2+ years of experience with SQL, Excel, and Tableau
- Prior experience with visualizing data (e.g. Tableau, Plotly, R, Power BI, or other graphical tools/packages)