WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). All of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Centro's Talent and Development (T&D) team works to make our organization an engaging, inclusive home for Centrons to develop their careers and create positive change in the ad tech industry. T&D is made up of four collaborative teams: Talent Acquisition (recruits top talent for Centro), Talent Operations (provides benefits, payroll, perks, and a system support for Centro), Education and Development (leads training and education for Centro employees), and Talent Partners (heads up professional development, management resources, and employee relations).
Collectively, T&D is determined to bring the Centro Manifesto and guiding principles to life through our culture and practices. This team cultivates Raving Fans by constantly ideating on how to ensure every current and prospective employee receives the best experience possible.
WAYS YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
This role is responsible for maintaining Centro’s compensation function and strategies through regular market analysis to plan, develop and implement new and revised programs, policies and procedures that align with Centro’s compensation strategy. This position will also be responsible for ensuring compensation programs are consistently administered and remain in compliance with company policies and government regulations. You will contribute by:
- Administering US and Canada base pay and variable pay programs, including annual analysis of variable pay programs effectiveness.
- Reviewing current pay programs, making recommendations for changes to better align our current pay practices with Centro’s Compensation Philosophy.
- Managing all compensation programs, including but not limited to job evaluation, job classification, development, implementation and maintenance of salary structures, and equity plans.
- Working cross functionally with Rev Ops & FP&A teams to ensure variable compensation programs work within the budget and can be accurately calculated throughout the year taking into account all possible variables and movement of Centrons (i.e., Leaves, terminations, promotions, and transfers).
- In conjunction with Dir, Total Rewards, developing plans, educational materials, and communication designs to provide stakeholders with timely and accurate information regarding compensation initiatives
- Providing Rev Ops with regular reporting of employee movement between plans as well as new hires and terminations.
- Collaborating with Dir, Total Rewards on a variety of projects, including program design, analysis, budgeting and implementation of new programs.
- Managing annual survey participation for Radford, Mercer, Culpepper and Towers Watson
- Collaborating with Dir, Total Rewards to develop and document procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Partnering with Talent Partners on Merit process to ensure compensation best practices are being followed.
- Responsible for configuration and maintenance of HRIS to meet compensation needs also ensuring it is updated to reflect changes to salary structures, variable pay programs, etc.
- Communicating variable pay programs in new-hire orientation
- Conducting comp analysis on new roles
- Completing bonus calculations on a Quarterly and Annual basis
- QAs Monthly Commissions
- Working with Talent Management to review and manage job descriptions, including auditing job descriptions for content reflecting job responsibilities and requirements, as needed. Ensuring all positions are classified appropriately per FLSA.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2+ years of experience in compensation
- Strong analytical skills and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written, required
- Great attention to detail
- Must be highly organized in a fast pace environment with exceptional time management skills
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation
- Experience with an HRIS, Workday, is preferred
- Experience with Salary Surveys required.
- Experience with Compensation Management tools, CompAnalyst, is preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional, preferred
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or related field a plus
- Experience with Mercer, Culpepper, Radford or Towers Watson, preferred.
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.