Compliance Specialist, Tester at OCC
This role is an integral part of the Compliance Department and will interact frequently with OCC’s business departments. With oversight by the Department’s managerial staff, the Compliance Analyst will conduct Compliance testing, which will include, but not be limited to, reviewing remediation items prior to Internal Audit validation and the design and operating effectiveness of the internal control environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with business units to support compliance related activities.
- In conjunction with managers, develop comprehensive and sustainable solutions for business units to consider as part of their efforts to demonstrate compliance and operational resiliency.
- Identify opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency in current compliance processes.
- Review policy and procedure documentation for adherence to organizational requirements and regulatory impact.
- Support department monitoring and assurance activities aligned to regulatory requirements and standards of conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Compliance Testing Responsibilities
- Review policies, procedures and controls for design and operating effectiveness resulting from regulatory changes, monitoring and metrics, management requests or other triggering events.
- Test controls prior to implementation within OCC technology systems.
- Partner with third line to understand requirements for remediating findings.
- Review remediated findings submitted by business owners prior to third line validation.
- Work with the Regulatory Compliance Advisory team to provide constructive feedback to business owners on reviewed findings and testing results.
- Identify trends in testing and remediation gaps in order to highlight training or education opportunities.