Data Analyst - HealthTech Startup at CancerIQ
CancerIQ’s technology makes it possible for providers to recognize and empower patients who have increased risk for cancer at scale. Offering patients cancer risk assessment, genetic counseling and genetic testing is the right thing to do, but most hospitals (cancer centers, breast centers and women’s health providers) simply don’t have the time or the resources to do it. CancerIQ’s unique technology enables providers to screen, assess and manage entire patient populations based on individual genetic risks. That means they can prevent deadly, early-onset cancers.
Providers who partner with CancerIQ can also improve quality of care and staff satisfaction, increase revenues and efficiencies, address social determinants of health, meet guidelines/requirements, and enhance customer loyalty.
The Data Analyst position is focused around creating and automating internal and client facing reporting metrics and analytics. They will work with the product, engineering, and customer success teams to understand the requirements that are needed, process the feedback, and design and implement the data pipeline and automation solutions. They will help create reports, troubleshoot data and modelingissues, and do exploratory data analysis on our data sets to find new insights. They will also monitor data performance and identify areas of improvement both internally and for clients.
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize data operational efficiency and quality
- Designing, building, and managing the reporting environment, including data sources, processes, security, and metadata.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and provide ongoing reports
- Lead additional data projects such as import / export of additional data sets and data sources
- Acquiring data from other primary or secondary data sources and integrating into existing data architecture
- Work with senior leaders to prioritize business and information needs
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Is exceptional at solving problems in an independent manner
- Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Strong experience writing queries and automating a data pipeline process
- Experience writing reports on analytic metrics and presenting findings
- High-level written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Experienced in SQL, Python, and Excel
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R, Pandas/Python)
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Is passionate about genetics, preventing cancer, and CancerIQ’s mission to improve healthcare through technology
- Competitive pay and benefits (health insurance, travel subsidies, discount programs)
- Passionate, high-energy culture. Surrounding yourself with people that are excited to get stuff done and make an impact is motivating, and addictive.
- Building things to save lives.
Note: At CancerIQ, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long-term goal is for CancerIQ employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.