Data Analyst at Mastery Logistics Systems
About the Role
The transportation industry has no shortage of complex problems requiring creative solutions to scale efficiently. In this role, you will help support customer data needs through training and reporting from Mastery's Transportation Management System (TMS). In addition, you will help support the internal reporting needs of the commercial team.
Reporting to the Manager of Customer Data Insights, the Customer Data Analyst will leverage technical skills to perform data discovery, build reports and respond to ad hoc data requests across the Customer Success Team. You will work with internal stakeholders to understand reporting needs and issues, then communicate recommendations and resolutions in a timely manner.
As a Customer Data Analyst, you will operate with an investigative mindset, proactively looking out for our client's data needs, interpreting trends and suggesting new and innovative ways to the Customer Success Managers to keep their clients succeeding with Mastermind TMS. Working closely with Product and Data Engineering on defect management, client specific logic and reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders during data discovery to identify gaps
- Author and maintain dashboards via Mastery’s chosen front end application to support internal stakeholders with their clients through all phases of the customer relationship process: engagement, onboarding, implementation, support, & success
- Troubleshoot root causes for discrepancies to work towards data consistency
- Perform ad hoc analysis as part of the Customer Success model as Mastermind issues arise
- Educate and train internal stakeholders as well as clients on how to use our self-service reporting tools to deliver insights into their daily business operations
- Manage day-to-day tasks and communication with internal and external stakeholders on outstanding data defects and requests
- Translate client reporting needs into requirements, submit requests on their behalf and work with product to prioritize all client data requests to ensure we are meeting deadlines and staying aligned with Mastery’s product offering
- Manage customer success through relationship building, data expertise, and problem solving
- Proficient at crafting SQL queries
- Experience building executive reports, data visualizations, and self-service dashboards in at least one modern BI tool (Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify data warehouse and reporting requirements
- Proficient understanding of relational data models and data warehouse practices
- Exposure to relational database management systems RDBMS (e.g., PostgresSQL, MySQL, Oracle, etc.) and/or cloud-based data stores (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, etc.)
- 2 Years+ experience as a data analyst or similar role
- 2 Years+ Transportation and Supply Chain experience required
- Experience with customer facing analytics preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Ability to travel preferred
Mastery Logistics Systems is building the world’s first lovable Transportation Management System, or TMS.
Our customers – large transportation companies and shippers who need those companies – have struggled with systems that are outdated or inadequate. As shippers or transportation service providers, our customers have in the past been forced to use multiple systems to manage dedicated fleet operations, outsourced or insourced trans management, one way trucking, truckload brokerage, LTL, and Intermodal, or to sub-optimize one or more of those functions by attempting to fit it into a TMS that is adequate at another function.
Mastermind TMS allows our customers to bring all of these functions into a single platform, providing flexibility, visibility, control, and efficiency. Today’s unprecedented global supply chain upheavals underscore how important the transportation industry is. We are building a system to allow this industry to work faster, smarter and more efficiently.
The challenges in this industry are big and exciting! We are tackling everything from fast and efficient data input to ingesting large amounts of data and applying AI to looking at blockchain to securely digitize paperwork. If you are passionate about humanizing an industry, automating in innovative ways, building for quality and scale, helping make people's lives easier and touching every part of our economy then this is the place for you.
Mastery Logistics Systems is committed to continuing to build an incredible company. We are a masterful mosaic of incredible people. We are specialists and experienced in our respective fields. We are dedicated to continuous improvement both professionally and personally. We are a collective group of really good people. We have different interests, backgrounds & talents and we work together to create really cool stuff! We believe in diversity of thought and are mindful and inclusive. We have deep respect for each other and work diligently at adding the right people to our teams.
At this moment we are all working from home and doing our part to combat the Covid 19 virus. We are creatively building our new work habits. We are respectful of each other’s time and personal life. We have flexible schedules but share in the mission that we are building and need to get it done. We offer an excellent suite of benefits. We are dedicated to finding new ways to add perks as we live and work from home.
Our team has the domain knowledge and connections to make an impact, and we’re looking for experienced and thoughtful people to who thrive on creating and building great products. We want people who have a true passion for servicing and taking care of our customers. We need people who are flexible problem solvers, thrive on collaboration and consistently know how to communicate their solutions well. We are small and nimble – which is evident in how quickly we could pivot to our new reality. Each member of the team can make a tremendous impact both technically and culturally. While a start-up, we are well-funded, have an initial paying customer with which to test and launch, and are founded by top experts and veterans in the logistics industry.
Join us – you’ll love it – let’s build a masterpiece!
Mastery takes great pride in providing our employees a robust and highly competitive benefit package. Our benefits include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance covering 90% of premium costs. Company paid life insurance for 1x salary. Legal, AD&D, Additional Life and other employee assistance benefits. We have a 401k savings plan with a 4% match. We provide opportunities for professional growth and development. We fully support our work from home initiative as we do our part to combat the Covid 19 crisis. We have a manage your life and schedule Paid Time Off program. We are fully devoted to finding creative perks and benefits since we cannot currently enjoy our cool office culture. Our philanthropic partner is St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek a diverse community of professionals. Veterans, Women, non-binary, people of color, LGBTQIA, we welcome all to apply!