The data analyst is responsible for applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, database and data warehousing, partnered with operation and product teams, to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities. The Data Analyst role has work across the following areas:
- Database maintenance.
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports.
- Evaluating and defining metrics and perform exploratory analysis.
- Monitoring key product metrics and understanding root causes of changes in metrics.
- Empower and assist operation and product teams through building key data sets and data-based recommendations.
- Automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL/python based ETL framework.
- Superb SQL programming skill.
- Understanding of ETL tools and database architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of data warehousing.
- Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts. Experience with Python is preferred but not required.
- A product mindset - you ask and address the most important analytical questions with a view on enhancing product impact.
- Passionate and attentive self-starters, great communicators.
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in quantitative analysis experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or other technical field required. Graduate degrees preferred.
- This is a full time exempt position
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.