Data and Cloud Migration Architect
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking an experienced Big Data Architect to join our thriving Advanced Analytics Practice in the Chicago office. This is an excellent opportunity to work within our Information Management team with Fortune 250 clients developing Big Data strategy and roadmaps, implementing new large scale analytics platforms, while gaining exposure to a variety of industries including healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, E&U, and professional services.
- Provide guidance and platform selection advice for common Big Data (Distributed) platforms, including Hadoop, Cassandra, Mongo, Elastic, and others.
- Design data flow and processing pipelines for ingestion and analysis using modern toolsets such as Spark on Scala, Storm, Flume, Sqoop, and others.
- Design data structures for ingestion and reporting, specific to use case and technology.
- Provide data management expertise to our clients in evaluating requirements and developing data architecture and performing platform selection and design. Data
- management includes appropriate structuring, stewardship of data, semantics/syntax of data attributes, coding structures, and mapping schemes.
- Guide and coach consultants, share best practices, perform code reviews
- Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure integration with analytics platform and source systems.
- Ensure that data integrity issues are addressed.
- Liaise and attend meetings necessary to perform duties and aid business and technical development.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- The ideal candidate will have 5 + years of professional experience and two with Hadoop
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Travel requirements: up to 50 %
- 3+ years of prior consulting experience
- Very strong technical knowledge in Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, Spark, Sqoop, cluster tuning).
- Understanding of the major feature sets of Hadoop vendors (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, etc)
- Experience with other NoSQL platforms, focused on what requirements drive technology choices.
- Experience with Microsoft BI tools a strong plus
- Has good knowledge of standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures within a Big Data environment
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required as well as flexibility in job role and working hours during critical deliveries
- A natural sense of urgency, initiative and a positive team player philosophy to be reflected in daily work ethics.
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your technical muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we’d love to hear from you.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.