WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands including Priceline, Sprint, RVA Media Group, and The Basement agency.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). This position and all of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Technology is at the core of what we do. Centro’s innovative Engineering team designs and develops new features and integrations for Basis, our industry-leading, comprehensive software solution. Our platform processes over 300 billion events per day and uses AI and machine learning to automate and simplify the entire digital campaign process.
This team is all about data—and in order to create value from the massive amount of data we collect, engineering leverages their dynamic Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams to create insights that benefit the industry as a whole.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You can help transform the data created from these activities into actionable information. We aim to derive meaning from our data that enables us to run our business better, and also equips our clients to advertise smarter. The ways you will contribute to the team are by:
- Leading data architecture, defining and scripting database schema for data warehouse, data marts and all intermediary transfer and transformation of data.
- Serving as a subject-matter expert leveraging a deep and advanced understanding of the source application, the business processes involved and the data that's housed.
- Acting as a liaison representing the data team enabling cross-functional collaboration in the effort to successful execution of enterprise-level initiatives and projects.
- Creating, owning and maintaining artifacts such as source-to-target data mapping, transformation rules, data dictionary and other reference materials enabling smoother development, testing, maintenance and evolution of the data pipeline
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Expert level writing and interpreting SQL and interacts equally well with PostgreSQL, MySQL and Hive
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Advanced skills in designing, building, testing, deploying, executing, and maintaining data extracts, transform and load (ETL) jobs to populate databases, data warehouse and data marts
- Skillfully utilizes Python/PySpark in the creation of various transformation modules and reporting artifacts and is equally well-versed in the Apache Hadoop ecosystem to efficiently establish data architecture and design data pipelines
- Ability to mentor other engineers and also educate new members of the team on the complex business model of the digital advertising business
- Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Maintains broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, trends, issues, techniques and approaches in area of expertise
- Excited by a fast-paced product development environment
- Experiments with the above-mentioned different technologies and toolsets to advise on and recommend the right ones to achieve optimal solution
- Having a passion and knowledge of AdTech industry
OUR TECH STACK
- Python, Scala, PySpark
- Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Oozie
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Hive, Impala, SQL
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.