This role is an ideal position for someone looking to be a driver of innovation and quality in Managed Investment Data. The Data Content Researcher will develop and provide deep subject matter expertise in Morningstar’s data sets, universes, and methodologies. This is a global mandate that includes, but is not limited to, mutual funds, exchange-traded products, models, collective funds, and other investment vehicles.
As a Data Content Researcher, you will collaborate with teams across the company to define and execute upon Morningstar’s unique value proposition in response to industry trends. You will work with client solutions leaders, product managers, technology squads, data consultants, and clients to continually expand our data expertise, data offerings, and our processes. The Data Content Researcher will research new data opportunities as well as ensure that data points are being leveraged globally and consistently. The Data Content Researcher will play a key role in the support and training of our global Managed Investment Data team, Sales, Solutions and Product teams. This role is based in Chicago.
• Oversee multiple projects concurrently. Proactively drive new business initiatives through research, documentation, implementation, and communication of new data and methodologies.
• Engage with industry bodies and clients to proactively research and recommend content related enhancements and improvements.
• Serve as the subject matter expert in established funds internally and externally with clients, including in-depth knowledge of reporting practices and fund processes. Be the voice of Morningstar Data on industry and regulatory matters.
• Work with local Data Consultants and relevant regional teams to balance global standards with regional needs.
• Provide a vital junction between Research, Data, Solutions, & Product teams to ensure successful implementation of complex projects.
• Foster a team dynamic that is motivated to improve the customer experience.
Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working with Morningstar’s internal database tools and data collection processes, including DataManager, XOI, RDB, and TSDB
• Experience working across stakeholder groups such as Research, Technology, Sales, Client Service, and Product
• Experience working directly with asset managers or third-party data vendors
• Experience utilizing LEAN, Six Sigma, or Agile tools in a project management or data operations setting
• Ability to work with offshore development teams during off-hours.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality regarding new IP with external parties.