DATA ENGINEER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
Cat Digital is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., responsible for bringing world class digital capabilities to our products and services. With almost one million connected assets worldwide, we're focused on using IoT and other data, technology, advanced analytics and AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world.
Cat Digital’s Advanced Data Quality team is looking for a talented and motived Data Engineer to support a team of data scientists and analysts working to improve platform data quality by identifying quality issues as well as addressing the most challenging issues by developing and delivering ML/AI models. As a Data Engineer, you will utilize a wide range of AWS services to create pipelines executing data quality applications as well as productionize and deploy machine learning models. This role will engage in medium complexity projects on a large set of diverse data from both IoT connected assets and our integrated network of dealers.
JOB DUTIES: As a Data Engineer you will contribute to design, development, testing and deployment of software systems and/or applications.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Works concurrently on 2-3 projects
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or computer engineering
- 5 years or more of software development experience or at least 3 year of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Strong knowledge of Python and 3+ years of Python coding experience
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining software in AWS cloud
- Utilizing version control software, specifically GIT
Top candidates will also have:
- Proven experience in some of the following:
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale
- Developing software applications using relational and Nosql databases
- AWS services: S3, DynamoDB, RDS, SageMaker, ECS, EMR, Lambda, Athena, AWS Glue, CloudFormation
- Deploying software using Azure DevOps specifically the Repo and Pipelines
- Working within an Agile framework
- Strong understanding and/or experience in some of the following:
- Snowflake data warehouse
- Experience writing SQL queries and stored procedures
- Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark
- Message brokers such as AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Kinesis
- Experience designing well-defined and secure Restful APIs
- Experience with corporate security frameworks
- Test driven development and behavior driven development
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .