Data Engineer I at SMS Assist
• Plan and design data structure; set and monitor standards.
• Assist management in database concepts and functional capabilities.
• Design, create, modify, and review database objects (tables, views, indexes, keys, stored procedures, functions, DB links, etc.) to support development projects.
• Monitor current Database performance; develop procedures and improve the Database environment for future requirements.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
• Build ad-hoc reports with complicated queries
• Automate reports and authoring pipelines via SQL/python based ETL framework
• Implement and test database backup and restore
• Controls and monitors user access to the database
• Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement; modify the database structure as necessary
• Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
• Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
• Verbal Communication – Proficient
• Written Communication – Proficient
• Teamwork – Proficient
• Relationships – Proficient
• Negotiation – Proficient
• Learning Agility – Proficient
• Problem Solving – Proficient
• Process Orientation – Proficient
• Prioritization – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
• SQL programming skills required
Proprietary and Confidential 2 Last Update: 1/27/2021
• Advanced skills in Relational (MySQL) and Non-Relational (MongoDB) Database preferred
• Data architecture and data analysis skills required
• Understanding of Data Warehouse (RedShift) preferred
• Experience in cloud-based database systems such as Amazon RDS preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field required
• 2 or more years of experience in a relevant field required
Other Relevant Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field preferred