Data Engineer II - Platform
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
As a Data Engineer II, you will ensure the stability and scalability of the Data infrastructure. You will help design, build, and automate build/deployment pipelines, provide data monitoring and metrics for applications and infrastructure in the Data domain, containerize applications, and help plan and execute new data systems. A good candidate will possess a fundamental understanding of distributed systems, the desire to support data scientists and external business units, and a passion to build tools that improve the efficacy of our data operations. A DevOps/Platform background is preferred, with experience building data systems and working with modern data tools.
To be successful, you'll need
• A proven career working within a Linux operating system
• Experience in system programing (Bash, Python)
• Experience in a SRE/DevOps capacity using an AWS environment leveraging offerings such as: VPC, EC2, ECS, S3, Redshift, RDS
• Experience with containerization such as Docker
• Experience with Configuration as Code tools such as Ansible, Terraform etc.
• Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment using tools such as Git or Jenkins
Additional Experience of Interest
• ETL Pipeline and tooling experience
• Data Storage experience with MySQL, Redshift, Elasticsearch
• Proficiency with Big Data/HPC Technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, MPI, HIVE, Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra
What We Offer
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans… and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal Suite #800
Chicago, IL 60606