At SilkRoad, we're passionate about creating a vision of success for talent management and human resource professionals and their organizations. And every day we pursue that passion and transform those visions into reality. Our corporate resume is a long one of achievement and customer success. We have 2,000 customers and we've learned a lot.
Our Analytics Group is seeking a Database Engineer. You'll work with Management, Development Teams, DB Architects and Engineers. We've only just begun our work in Analytics. Take a look at us here: http://www.silkroad.com/company.
Every day you will do some or all of:
- Define, Build and Maintain SilkRoad's Enterprise Data Solutions.
- Move, clean, transform, analyze, integrate and reconcile Data.
- Analyze SilkRoad products and databases. We have lots of those.
- Work closely with all parts of the business…many will depend on you.
- Work in the areas of Enterprise Data Warehouse, SQL DBs, ETL, Data Lakes and others.
- Be Agile. Partake in Scrums.
- Work with Visualization analysts to tell the data stories we want to tell.
- Have a sense of purpose like no other job before.
- Creative but with meticulous attention to detail.
- Really love working with data.
- Keen interest in technological innovation.
- Healthy fear of failure and desire to succeed.
- Curious. We're creating something entirely new. Curiosity drives your open mind.
- Organized. You find comfort in spinning multiple plates.
- Fear of Failure. Failure…not an option in your mind.
- Driven. You don't need to be told what to do. Once the goals are set…just step aside.
- Data Analysis, Migration, Modeling, Integration, Warehousing, Design, ETL.
- Strong SQL and Procedural SQL: T-SQL, PL/SQL, Pg/SQL, etc.
- Major relational databases: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.
- PowerShell, Perl, shell or other scripting language.
- Experience with any main programming languages like Java, .Net, Python, etc.
- Microsoft products like Azure, Power Apps, Graph, PowerBI, Data Factory.
- Reporting & Analytics visualization products and techniques.
- Cloud-based Data-as-a-Service solutions such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud SQL.
- Passion for data and analytics.
- A bachelor's degree in math, computer science or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years working with data. If less than 5 years, convince us.
- Experience working with offshore/nearshore teams.
- Experience at a startup/fast paced environment.