Data Engineering Intern
tastytrade and its subsidiaries make up a family of companies that aim to fill the financial vertical for the retail derivatives trader.
Our house of brands:
- tastytrade, founded in 2011, is a live financial network that produces eight hours of original programming each weekday providing financial information, investment strategies, and entertainment related to derivatives trading and the stock market.
- tastyworks, launched in 2017, is an options brokerage built by the minds behind thinkorswim geared towards retail traders who identify as do-it-yourself investors;
- The Small Exchange is a new futures exchange that plans to create smaller derivative products with retail traders in mind;
- quiet foundation is a free robo-advisory service for traders to review the strength of their portfolios;
- luckbox is a print and online magazine focused on investment strategies and financial resources.
- dough, our most recently launched product, is a commission-free mobile stock-trading app.
As a member of our team, you will leverage strong data extraction skills over the whole tastytrade ecosystem to drive analysis deliverables. You’ll also create new datasets that support deep-dive analyses and dashboards for cross-functional audiences--including organizational leaders. You will partner closely with fellow members of the analytics team to identify ways to acquire new users, retain existing customers, and optimize the user experience.
You will own your project from start to finish with the support of our analytics lead.
- Develop and automate data processing systems to drive business growth and improve product experience
- Architect, implement, and deploy new data models for optimal storage and retrieval
- Build and rewrite existing data pipelines leveraging the Airflow scheduler/executor framework
- Improve data quality and thorough anomaly detection by building and working with internal tools to take measurements and automatically detect changes
- Support critical data processes running in production
Skills and Qualifications
- Pursuing a BS or MS degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Industrial Engineering, or a related technical field
- Programming expertise in a language of your choice (Java or Python preferred)
- Working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Working knowledge of cloud computing technologies (AWS preferred)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code principles (Terraform preferred)
- Curious, self-driven, analytical, and excited to play with data
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Paid $25 hourly
- Daily catered lunch
- Full kitchen with snacks and beverages
- CTA stop two blocks away
- Located in the West Loop--Chicago's growing center of tech, great cuisine, and high-end bars