At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe has developed an innovative data management platform called Intellio™ DataOps (IDO) which is a metadata-driven, fully-managed data lake and data hub with data warehouse automation features. IDO can be deployed to the client’s cloud and be ready to start ingesting source data in just a few days. Our team then focuses on iteratively tackling client business issues, using IDO’s web-based user interface to ingest, cleanse, enrich, and publish new data as needed without worrying about technical aspects such as data modeling, change data capture, scaling, schema drift, storage, data lineage, and performance.
IDO is very popular with clients as they get a ready to use, enterprise-grade data platform and a consulting team focused on solving business issues on week one of the engagement. West Monroe is looking for an experienced technical manager to join our team and support IDO in the following ways:
- Manage Intellio™ DataOps (IDO) projects leveraging an agile delivery model, being mindful of large scope modifications and potential risks and issues and by most effectively leveraging the team’s strengths
- Learn the IDO platform and contribute to project delivery in the following ways:
- Add configurations for data enrichments such as lookups, type conversions, calculations, and concatenations
- Add data quality rules
- Connect to new data sources
- Map multiple sources into a single output
- Interpret IDO error messages to troubleshoot data pipelines
- Create outputs that facilitate reporting, dashboarding, and semantic modeling for tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Teach the IDO platform to client resources and demo functionality as needed
- Assess IDO platform issues and escalate to the IDO product team as appropriate
- Lead report and dashboard development leveraging West Monroe’s Rapid Insights methodology
- Provide data governance and data management expertise to our clients as they establish their analytics organizations, especially as it relates to master and reference data management, data quality programs, and work intake processes for IDO projects
- Mentor and manage teams on client projects to be able to keep project on schedule; provide project reviews and frequent, informal feedback for team members
- Manage project risks and issues
- Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
- Communicate and report project status to C-level executives and IT management, including budget, risks, issues, etc.
- Contribute to the IDO delivery methodology
- Work with our industry teams to develop industry-specific offerings on the IDO platform that include connections to particular data sources, maintenance of relevant reference data, and development of canonical models, enrichments, data quality rules, metrics, reports, and dashboards
- Serve as a Career Advisor for individuals within the Data Engineering and Analytics practice area
- Provide mentorship and guidance to your advisees through formal and informal channels, such as the annual expectation and review processes
- Help develop and deliver consultant training, especially in the area of IDO methodology training
- Develop and deliver industry-specific IDO demos
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into detailed proposals and Statements of Work
- Assist in business development by creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Attend networking events and business related social events
What do we need you to bring with you?
- A detailed understanding and hands on experience preferred implementing data management technologies, including data warehousing, reporting, analysis, data modeling, etc.
- Understanding and ability to lead a technical engagement
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- The ideal candidate will have 5 + years of hands-on professional experience
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of prior consulting experience preferred
- Strong technical knowledge in ETL tools (cloud preferred), Databases (cloud preferred), Reporting tools (Power BI, Tableau), ability to work alone or in conjunction with a BI Architect
- Good knowledge of standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures within a Business Intelligence environment.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required as well as flexibility in job role and working hours during critical delivery periods
- A natural sense of urgency, initiative and a positive team player philosophy to be reflected in daily work ethics.
- The IDO platform leverages Databricks, so there are opportunities to extend our solutions with analytics and custom processing and querying in Databricks notebooks; previous Databricks experience is optional
- Experience and interest in working at least one of the following industries preferred: Healthcare (provider, payer, pharma), Dental Payer, Energy & Utilities (electric utilities, generators, distributors), Financial Services (mid-sized banks, insurance brokerage)
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.