Data Governance Change Manager at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
ServiceNow seeks a proven, experienced Change Management professional to lead enterprise level changes specific to Enterprise Data Governance. The Enterprise Data Governance Change Manager plays a key role on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures.
The primary responsibility will be developing and deploying change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage, minimize resistance and mitigate any negative impacts to both internal staff and external customers as we mature our Data Governance strategies and make them permeate the organization’s mode of operation.
These improvements will increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
What you get to do:
Manage Change Scope, Strategy and Plans
1. Create the Enterprise Data Governance (EDG)program, project, or initiative change management strategy to optimize adoption of the changes/desired outcomes while minimizing the negative impacts of the change event.
2. Create actionable and targeted change management plans that effectively and efficiently move the program, project, or initiative from the current to the desired state
(ex. sponsor roadmap, resistance management plan, engagement strategies, communication and training plans, risk management plans.)
3. Develop unique change management processes and tools to support the integration and engagement with change management principles.
4. Drive process documentation internal to EDG team.
Assess & Manage Stakeholders
5. Assess business and stakeholder readiness that determines gaps between current and desired states to identify actionable ways to facilitate change and break down barriers.
6. Act as trusted advisor and expert around the people side of change to gather support and buy-in across various stakeholder groups by clearly articulating the shared vision and answering the question “what’s in it for me.”
7. Identify / manage individual change resistance to ensure that stakeholders achieve desired outcomes.
Assess & Manage Change Impacts
8. Assess the change impact of a project, program or initiative across eight dimensions to identify likely adoption risks and create actionable mitigation plans.
Communicate, Educate, Train and Coach
9. Work collaboratively with others to design, develop, deliver and manage communications to ensure that stakeholders have the right information at the right time, to support the desired changes.
10. Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs to ensure effective and efficient stakeholder/user training.
11. Act as a coach to the Enterprise Data Governance leadership to help them adapt and champion change and fulfill the role of change sponsor.
12. Provide coaching and direct support to all levels of managers and supervisors to ensure their behaviors align with the requirements of the change.
Integrate Project Management & Change Management Plans
13. Work collaboratively with Project and Program Managers to integrate change management activities into project plans that ensures timely deliverables, tracking and reporting.
Manage Change Metrics, Evaluation & Prioritization
14. Establish, measure and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) affected by change to identify the impact of change on KPIs and recommend actionable mitigation.
15. Create and manage the input, collation and output of the change management reporting systems for delegated projects to provide regular and ad hoc reports to satisfy individual project, portfolio, or Executive requirements.
Critical Success Behaviors
- Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Flexibility and Adaptability – Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
- Influencing – Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
- Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Organizational Change Management – Knowledge of and ability to align the organization's people and culture with changes in business strategy, organizational structure, technology and business processes.
- Organizational Savvy and Politics – Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels
- Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Minimum of 6-years professional experience in Program/Change Management across Enterprise-level initiatives. A program manager that excels in this area is acceptable.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated track record of leading significant, large-scale organization, process, and / or system implementations. Proven track record at driving adoption and “making change stick.”
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution, active listening, and time management skills.
- Commitment to producing high-quality, cutting edge deliverables.
- Proven experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Significant experience and expertise supporting and leading operational excellence initiatives and cross-functional strategic programs.
- Energetic self-starter with a proven track record for getting things done in a high-growth, ambiguous environment.
- Highly skilled at building trusted relationships particularly with executive leadership teams.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and influence both leadership and working teams, demonstrating authority and credibility to act, make sound decisions and drive alignment.
- Ability to think strategically, understand the big picture and connect the dots between strategy and operational priorities, as well as translate the strategy into effective execution and tangible outcomes.
- Creative thinking, flexibility and adaptability, with the ability to bring new ideas and approaches to the table, as well as the ability to tailor the approach to meet ServiceNow’s needs and quickly pivot as business circumstances evolve.
- Effective communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Strong level of comfort with business and technical discussions, with the ability to understand and articulate the business impacts of technical actions and vice versa.
- Familiarity with the enterprise software/ SaaS industry a plus, including ability to speak to market and competitive trends and confidently articulate ServiceNow’s solution set. · Certifications in change management (such as ADKAR), project management, ITIL, or related areas.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.