Data Governance CoE Manager at West Monroe
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Data Governance Manager to join our thriving Data Engineering & Advanced Analytics practice in the Chicago office. This is an excellent opportunity to work within our Information Management team developing data governance strategy and road maps, implementing new data governance programs, and solving business critical problems, while gaining exposure to a variety of industries including healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, E&U, supply chain, and professional services.
What will you be doing?
- Develop customized data governance organizations, procedures, and policies that support a client’s corporate, IT, and data strategies
- Design data governance programs that cover client-relevant aspects of data management that could include data quality, master data management, metadata management, data asset management, data project portfolio management (identification, prioritization,
- valuation, ROI, execution, etc.), data security, etc.
- Collaborate with other consultants to address organizational change management, communication planning, and training
- Help clients select and implement technologies to support the data governance design
- Support clients through the implementation, adoption, and maturation of their data governance programs
- Design and implement strategies to monitor the effectiveness of data governance programs
- Mentor junior consultants on data governance projects
What do we need you to bring with you?
- Experience implementing data governance programs and knowledge of applicable standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures
- A detailed understanding and hands on experience preferred implementing Advanced Analytics technologies, including data warehousing, reporting, analysis, data modeling, etc.
- A desire to run large projects and contribute to the strategy competence for West Monroe Partners (for example: analytics maturity and risk assessment, analytics roadmap, or analytical transformation engagement)
- Understanding and ability to lead a technical engagement (although not necessarily hands on)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, relevant Master’s Degree preferred
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of hands-on professional experience and 4+ years of consulting experience
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Travel requirements: up to 50%
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required as well as flexibility in job role and working hours during critical deliveries
- A natural sense of urgency, initiative and a positive team player philosophy to be reflected in daily work ethics
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your technical muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we’d love to hear from you.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.