Are you passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
At Tempus, biological samples are processed in our in-house labs and turned into valuable genomic data. This data flows from on-site to an extensive cloud-based infrastructure and set of workflows that produce impactful insights. SaaS products are developed in-house by cross functional teams to share those insights with our clients.
Tempus’ approach to information security allows us to react to threats to any of the environments and workflows described above and identify and close gaps quickly. Our effective security operations engrained with comprehensive monitoring, testing, and risk management allow us to protect Tempus without reducing the speed at which we do business. You work with a cross-functional team to set security goals and design and deploy the products, controls, and workflows to ensure Tempus will continue to make a lasting impact in the field of medical research and treatment.
As the Data Security and Governance Lead, you’ll play a critical role in fulfilling the mission of Tempus by helping ensure we protect the critical data used to make the promise of precision medicine a reality for our clients and their patients.
What You’ll Do at Tempus:
- Work with a cross-functional team to define a Data Security & Governance roadmap
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of our information assets
- Liaise with our product and development teams to ensure data security and governance requirements are included in product planning cycles
- Work with our compliance teams to develop, update, and manage policies and procedures related to data security and governance
- Define indicators of performance and key metrics to measure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Work with our security operations teams to implement controls to detect and/or prevent risks to our data
- Experience driving change within an organization, including communication, culture change, and performance measurement system design
- Knowledge of Data Security / Data Governance practices and approaches related to data protection
- General understanding of security architectures and principles
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across multiple business or functional areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management experience
- Experience with software development processes
- Prior Experience managing databases, data architectures, or big data systems
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We're looking for Technologists who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status#LI-BL1