At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Data Governance Manager to join our thriving Data Engineering & Analytics practice in the Chicago office. This is an excellent opportunity to work within our teams developing data governance strategy and road maps, implementing new data governance programs, and solving business critical problems, while gaining exposure to a variety of industries including healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, E&U, supply chain, and professional services.
What will you be doing?
- Develop customized data governance organizations, procedures, and policies that support a client’s corporate, IT, and data strategies
- Design data governance programs that cover client-relevant aspects of data management that could include data quality, master data management, metadata management, data asset management, data project portfolio management (identification, prioritization, valuation, ROI, execution, etc.), data security, etc.
- Collaborate with other consultants to address organizational change management, communication planning, and training
- Help clients select and implement technologies to support the data governance design
- Support clients through the implementation, adoption, and maturation of their data governance programs
- Design and implement strategies to monitor the effectiveness of data governance programs
- Mentor junior consultants on data governance projects
What do we need you to bring with you?
- Experience implementing data governance programs and knowledge of applicable standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures
- A detailed understanding and hands on experience preferred implementing Advanced Analytics technologies, including data warehousing, reporting, analysis, data modeling, etc.
- A desire to run large projects and contribute to the strategy competence for West Monroe Partners (for example: analytics maturity and risk assessment, analytics roadmap, or analytical transformation engagement)
- Understanding and ability to lead a technical engagement (although not necessarily hands on)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Experience with various data governance tools such as Collibra, Master Data Management (MDM), Informatica, Profisee, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of hands-on professional experience and 3+ years of consulting experience
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.