At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
Amount is looking for a Data Operations Analyst to join the team in Chicago. As a Data Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for helping to provide oversight of and maintenance for Amount's data ingestion and ETL processes to ensure consistently correct data is provided to all of our partners and stakeholders. We are looking for someone with strong technical, analytical, and organizational capabilities who is comfortable learning new languages and software systems and can work quickly to fix any breaks so the data stream stays consistent. A successful Data Operations Analyst will develop a thorough understanding of our data processing infrastructure and work with teams up and down the data stack to ensure that the data is being properly handled and delivered to our business users and clients.
What you do at Amount:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Amount’s data architecture - know where data starts, where it goes, how it is transformed, and who owns and uses it
- Contribute to the construction of systemic safeguards and monitors to ensure complete and accurate data transfer
- Master Amount’s ETL systems, and learn to run and troubleshoot all of our disparate ETL process
- Oversee Amount’s ingestion systems: oversee monitors, read error logs and stack traces after broken runs, and provide triage when issues arise
- Support the delivery of data reports and files via Amount’s numerous delivery methods (API, SFTP, custom partner interface, Drop Zone, etc.)
- Develop and implement effective testing strategies
- Identify issues, diagnose root causes, and solve problems through independent thinking and conscientious collaboration with our Data Services and Engineering teams, both upstream and our Data Operations and Monitoring teams downstream, to ensure that all Amount partners have the information necessary to make data-driven decisions
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent work
- 1+ years’ experience in data management or analysis
- 1+ years’ experience with advanced SQL proficiency
- Skilled problem solver with a passion for accurate data
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with relational databasesFamiliarity with programming languages such as Python, Ruby, R, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to build and enhance the digital experience.
Built by digital lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years. Amount empowers multi-product omnichannel retail banking experiences and a robust point-of-sale financing suite underpinned by core platform features including fraud prevention, verification, decisioning engines and account management.
Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk analytics.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote, within the United States, temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that not all positions will be remote long-term and some teams and positions have an expectation to join us in our Chicago or LA office when it is safe to do so. Note: International work is not permitted at this time.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!
Read Full Job Description