Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
What you’re most excited for:
- Own the development of standards and procedures to maximize DBMS performance, scalability, resilience, security, and data integrity.
- Drive the design, development, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of project44 data systems.
- Own end-to-end production-level data engineering tasks including tickets management, data pulls, and data-related requests (automated/manual) from multiple teams.
- Working with our Data Science and Data Analytics teams building out our data lake
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in data operations (in-house experience strongly preferred).
- Strong programming/scripting knowledge in building and maintaining ETL using SQL, Python, Bash, Go.
- Excellent understanding of Data Operations and DevOps principles
- In-depth hands-on knowledge of public clouds (GCP,AWS), PostgreSQL (version 9.6+), ElasticSearch, MongoDB, MySQL/MariaDB
- Participate in an on-call rotation 24x7 (PagerDuty)
- Strong experience with Kafka or equivalent event/streaming based systems
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes.
- Production-level experience with data migration/management and data pipelining (Snowflake, Tableau).
- 4+ yrs experience with data engineering and operations, including administering production-level, always-on, high throughput, complex OLTP RDBMS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.